A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Friday, April 20, 2007

Winter Sowing Update

Spring has finally arrived! I was happily pruning rosebushes in the 70 F (21 C) sunshine today. Another container has germinated: Butterfly Weed (Asclepias tuberosa) that will be planted in my new Butterfly/Hummingbird garden. And my lilac bush is covered with buds. Life is good.

Winter Sowing Sprouts!
Bachelor's Buttons
Butterfly Weed
Calendula
Cleome "White Queen"
Cosmos "Seashells"
Johnny-Jump-Ups
Kiss Me Over The Garden Gate
Love-in-a-Mist
Monkshood
Nicotiana alata “Lime Green”
Nicotiana sylvestris
Pansy "Chalon Supreme Mix"
Snapdragon "Black Prince"
Snapdragon "Plum Blossom"
Verbena bonariensis
Wild Purple Foxglove

4 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Marc said...

That looks like a great list! Have you grown Cosmos "Seashells" before? We are tying it for the first time this year.

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Marc, according to my records, this is the third year that I have grown it. I posted a picture of it here for my very first Green Thumb Sunday post!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

What a lovely list, there are many of my favorites on it. Why am I not surprised? :-)

Today in my front garden I saw that one of my snapdragons (that I'd sown last year) was in flower again. It's a white one with a lovely scent.

I'm looking forward to seeing your snapdragons in flower when their time has come!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Yolanda Elizabet, snapdragons have a scent? I can't wait to smell them when they bloom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home