A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - Rain Delay

We are experiencing a rare April Nor'Easter here in New Jersey. Obviously I am unable to get outside to inventory the few blooms in my garden. Looking back over prior years' April entries on my blog tells me that due to the unusually cold weather this spring, my bulbs are one to two weeks behind. Normally at this time in April, my yard is a riot of daffodils, early flowering tulips, hyacinths, primroses, violets and Alpine strawberries.

Check back tomorrow to see what the storm has left me.

6 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Linda said...

It is a damp, dreary day here in Ontario where we are probably getting the northern edge of the system you are getting. I'm staying optimistic that warm weather will be with us soon.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Gotta Garden said...

I hope it's not too bad for you. We're getting lots of rain here, but I can live with that. Take care.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Thanks for the good wishes. I'm about to break out my swimfins. My basement is slowly filling with water!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Carol Michel said...

I wondered why I had not heard from you yet on Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day. Stay dry and warm and post whenever you can!

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger David (Snappy) said...

I worked over the weekend, and both days sat/sun were really Hot and sunnu.Am off today and its raining and grey!Hope you get a dry spell soon to blog about.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yikes, OR! I hope you were kidding about the flooded basement!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home