A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Monday, October 01, 2007

Straw Hats go to Barlow Flower Farm

Our first sight of Barlow Flower Farm was this knot garden and rose hedge. Love at first sight!


Barlow Flower Farm is a historic family homestead and horticultural business occupying six acres in Sea Girt, NJ.





Inside the 10,000 sq ft European glass greenhouse there is a shop with a gift department, gourmet shop, silk flower and design shop and flowering gift baskets area.



I’m sure the other customers must have thought I was crazy to be taking pictures, but there is nothing like this near my house.

Oh, look! A Straw Hatter discussing straw!


Thanks “A” for pointing out that excellent photo op.

And since it was a beautiful day and the ocean was only one mile away, we ended our tour with a stroll on the boardwalk.

4 Comments:

At 2:17 AM, Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Knot gardens are great and to have a whole hedge of roses, well, that's just bliss, isn't it? What an excellent idea to go to the seaside, it's always so refreshing!

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger verobirdie said...

It would have been love at first sight for me too! And you would never have taken me outside of that nursery :-)
And seaside to end the day! That was really a good day.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Naturegirl said...

Wow those autumn displays were wonderful to see and then the sea!!
I've been out of touch for a month as I recover from a virus!Hope to be up and at it soon..NG

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Yolanda Elizabet, You're right! It was bliss. I haven't been to the beach in decades. I'm too old to wear a bikini.

Verobirdie, I'm kinda glad that Barlow is so far away from me. I would spend too much time and too much money there.

NatureGirl, I'm glad to hear that you are finally on the mend. I can't wait to see your autumnal displays.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home