A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Saturday, September 22, 2007

A Quick Trip to Rutgers Gardens

I made a quick trip to Rutgers Gardens today to donate the pineapple sage from my hummingbird garden. We took cuttings from it to be wintered over in the greenhouse and then sold at the Spring Flower Fair next May. It hadn’t done well in my yard, so rather than just let it die over the winter, I wanted to put it to good use.

I’ve always been a big fan of cosmos. If I had the space and the sunlight in my own yard, I would love to do something like this:


Rutger, the Gardens cat, followed me everywhere.


He knows that I always carry treats.

Please, may I have another one?

I continue to admire the “weeds” around the parking lot of Holly House.


Today I noticed thistle blooming.



Since the creation of the Garden Guardian Program, I stop by the entry kiosk frequently to admire the garden that is now so meticulously kept.



Can you believe it is September? Most gardens are losing their luster, but this one is still gorgeous.

My favorite wall is looking better than ever.




This year, it is more integrated into the overall design of the garden.

It's hard to believe that fall has arrived.

1 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger david santos said...

I came to visit you to desire a good week to you.
Much attention with our children. It has many criminals who steal them and kill.
Until always

 

Post a Comment

<< Home