A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Winter Sowing Update

Despite the unseasonably cold weather, I’ve been checking the seven containers that haven’t germinated yet every day vainly hoping for green. I didn’t look into the other containers until I read Colleen’s post about covering her containers when the temperature drops. You’re supposed to cover them????

I ran outside and checked the containers that had seedlings. Sure enough, I’ve lost most of my seashells cosmos. Good thing I have a backup packet of seeds to be direct sown in my garden at home in May. I can transplant some of them to my plot at Rutgers Gardens if needed.

Winter Sowing Sprouts!
Bachelor's Buttons
Calendula
Cleome "White Queen
"Cosmos "Seashells"
Johnny-Jump-Ups
Kiss Me Over The Garden Gate
Love-in-a-Mist
Nicotiana alata “Lime Green”
Nicotiana sylvestris
Pansy "Chalon Supreme Mix"
Snapdragon "Black Prince"
Verbena bonariensis
Wild Purple Foxglove

1 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Blogger Colleen Vanderlinden said...

I actually need to update my post, but after everything thawed I noticed that my 'Sensation' cosmos sprouts didn't fare as well as I'd hoped. I think I only have four sprouts left. I'll just have to direct sow them. But of all the stuff I could have lost, I'm okay with losing those. Had I lost the buddleias or echinacea pardoxa, I would have been crying!

Glad to hear that yours made it through the weird weather. Hopefully, we're done with that for this year, eh? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home