A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Back at the Greenhouse

I was back at the greenhouse at Rutgers Gardens for another Work Day transplanting plugs for the spring sales. Look at the difference in just one week:



And this is BEFORE we started our days' work. By the time we finished, we had filled an entire side of the greenhouse. And there are stil more plants waiting to be transplanted.

I confess. I brought home more petunias. Yesterday when I was at Lowe's buying paint, while I managed to prevent any more african violets from jumping into my shopping cart (they had some really nice ones!), another crook and hanging basket somehow ended up in my cart instead.

I should have stayed in the Paint Department.



3 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, Blogger LadyLuz said...

That tickled my fancy. We went looking for petunias last week and, somehow, a whole cart full of pelagonia were being checked out.

A belated Happy Easter, Caren

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been staying away from temptation. I have no room inside for plants, and it's too cold outside. I'll have to wait another month for petunias:(

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

I don't dare go shopping. Those plants and other garden stuff are just dying to come home with me! It's very hard to say no to them :)
I envy you working in the greenhouse. Getting my hands into some dirt would feel great right about now as I look out at this miserably cold, wet, snowy (ever-changing between rain, sleet and snow) weather.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home