A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Friday, March 30, 2007

Mystery Plant #2

I'm thinking of starting a new series "The Mystery Plants of Spring". Here's another little mystery I uncovered today:


It's in my oldest border. I don't recall planting anything new there last year, but this is obviously a perennial because I cut back some old stalks.

Update: I started this post earlier today. Since then, I remembered that I transplanted a few scraggly catnip plants last fall from the pot where I had (tried) to grow them to this border. They were in such bad shape that I didn't expect them to survive the winter. I'll keep an eye on these and if the stray cat that I am feeding in my backyard takes a sudden interest in them, I'll know for sure!


3 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I have some mystery plants coming up now! Can't remember what they are.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

Does look like it could be a catnip. If you rub the leaves can you recognize the aroma? I have some things coming up in the garden from self-seeding. I keep trying to get a clear enough photo to post them. Very happy seedlings, whatever they are. And they don't seem to be the weeds I recognize.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Jill, mystery plants really make gardening fun, don't they?

Petunia, I never thought to try that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home