A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Green Thumb Sunday

Join





I take it back. The squirrels didn't get all of the crocus bulbs that I planted last fall. This is just one bunch of species crocus that I planted in my Wildflower Garden. Two more bunches also survived and bloomed. I love the color. So different from the usual crocus that I plant. These are going to look great in a few years as they multiply.


Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

2 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger Carol Michel said...

Those are pretty. I think crocuses come up a little later the first year, then earlier after that. At least that seems to be the case with mine.

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Carol, I didn't post the pictures, but I have other established crocus blooming now too. This whole spring has been weird. I think the flowers are a little confused.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home