A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Green Thumb Sunday


For my inaugural Green Thumb Sunday post, I'm posting a picture of my Seashells Cosmos.

I love cosmos. I grew five different varieties this year. This is the second year I have grown Seashells. Last year, it didn't do well, so this year I tried it in a different bed where it has done fabulously. It is a nineteenth century heirloom variety. I'm letting it go to seed to see if it will come true next year. This photo, by the way, was taken today. Despite the chilly weather we've been having, it is still going strong.

Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

4 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are so pretty -- they look so delicate. I'm looking forward to hearing about whether they manage to self-seed or not. What a cool variety!

Genie
The Inadvertent Gardener

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Carol Michel said...

They look so delicate and lovely, and isn't it amazing they haven't succumbed to the cold.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Naturegirl said...

Love the delicate pink color! Last year I planted "chocolate" cosmos and they indeed had a chocolate scent! Next summer I plan to get more and hope to post> Thank You for the birthday greeting on Garden Voices! :)

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Genie, not all of them came out rolled like that. Some were merely ruffled and some were plain. Can't wait to see what I get next year!

Carol, I'm amazed how many of the heat loving annuals are surviving and in some cases, thriving in the cold weather.

Naturegirl, now I'm going to HAVE to plant the chocolate cosmos. I didn't know that they smelled like chocolate. I love chocolate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home