A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Maybe Peach

I fell for the picture on the envelope. I know better, but I still couldn't resist: pink daffodils! To go with the pink tulips, pastel iris and oriental lilies. I had a theme going for the infamous Entry Garden. I was going to turn disaster into triumph. The neighbors would be dazzled.

All things are possible in the planning stages. I mailed in my reservation card to Brecks for their Pink Daffodil Collection . Bulbs arrived. Bulbs were planted. Bulbs were not marked nor plans drawn because as usual, I had more bulbs than time to plant them. Bulbs duly sprouted. Bulbs have begun to bloom.

I have no clue which daffodil this is. The exterior of the cup is peach. Wishful thinking might call it pink.

I should have stuck with my original plan: plant more yellow daffodils!

5 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger Gotta Garden said...

Oh, I'm sorry you're disappointed. There are some pinker ones (and maybe yours will turn pinker with time). Nothing like having great plans and then having them not turn out as you want...

I hope the rest of the daffodils are wonderful!

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

GG, I'm hoping once the rest of the daffs bloom, it will look much better.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Annie in Austin said...

That's the trouble with collections, I guess- good luck with getting some winners from the rest of the batch, OldRoses.

Reaching back into the past, I think 'Passionale' was pinker than most, but Gotta Garden has the newest stuff on her blog.

Annie

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Thanks, Annie. I feel so dumb. I know better than to be seduced by collection come-ons from catalog companies. I'll keep posting pictures as the rest come into bloom.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger RivahGal said...

It's lovely! Do you remember the name? I'd love to plant some.

I just posted soome photos on my blog of some "pink" daffs. I haven't figred out how to post a photo here yet!
http://gardennerds.blogspot.com/

Julie in Virginia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home