A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Random Pictures of Spring

Don't say I didn't warn you. Every day I'm out in the gardens obssessively snapping pictures. And now, thanks to the speed of DSL, I can share the best of them with you. Every day! Aren't you excited?

Here's what the Ice Stick tulips look like when they open. To give you an idea of how tiny they are, that huge brown thing laying next to them is a leaf.

Here's another "green" daffodil. Nope, this one doesn't look green to me either.
Another look at the first green daffodil. It's looking very white.
The Thalia daffodils are doing great in this spot. Unfortunately, they don't show up well against the white shed. I hate to move them, though. I have more that I got for free last fall growing in another spot. If those do as well, I'll move these.

I just love grape hyacinths.

These daffodils were already here when I moved into this house. I love the unusual cream color. In fact, I love this picture so much that I am using it as wallpaper on my PC.
I'm noticing that there are a lot of white daffodils in my yard, most of which I didn't plant. Note to self: plant yellow daffodils!

3 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

I love your white daffodils! Note to myself, plant white daffodils like the ones in this yard. ;-)

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger roybe said...

Beautiful daffodils the heralds of spring, so fresh and bright.

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Karen, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home