A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day


My bowl of pansies purchased over a month ago is still growing strong. This marks its second Garden Bloggers’ Bloom Day. Also still blooming, a few violets and the cute little Pencrebar daffodils. As noted in my Mother’s Day post, Poker primroses, Wood hyacinths, Old-Fashioned Bleeding Hearts (both red and white ones), lily-of-the-valley and my lilac are blooming. Of course, the biggest news was the first rose blossom of the year.

Pictures taken today:
“Wild” columbine

William Guiness columbine



Lunaria in both white and purple


After perusing other Garden Bloggers’ Bloom Days, my gardens seem sparse and my plant list miniscule. I’ll have to plant more.

4 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Annie in Austin said...

I like that white lunaria - if it reseeds you may have a field of it for next May's bloom day, OldRoses.
Enjoy the fragrance, along with that of the lilacs.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Annie, I'm hoping it reseeds! Those are my favorite kinds of flowers. I always like where Nature plants them better than where I plants them.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Carol Michel said...

Old Roses... Thanks for participating in Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day. Your flowers are pretty, don't worry about bare spots, we all have them! Just keep planting!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Thanks, Carol! One of the nice things I've discovered about being an empty-nester is that now I can spend money on the things I want, like my garden.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home