A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Weirdness Chronicles 2007 - Chapter 4


These are a Poker Primroses. This is what they are supposed to look like. Every morning I check to see how much taller the flower stems have gotten. This is my second try at growing Poker Primroses. The first time, in the Purple Garden, they didn't survive the hot, dry summer. I planted these in the border along the back of my house which is shadier. They are doing much better and even blooming. Sort of.

3 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Never saw those before. Very amusing, they look like match sticks!

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Jane M. said...

Is that a little tulip tree seedling I see?

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Yolanda Elizabet, that's a great description.

Jane, no trees, only wild asters, iris and a rose bush.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home