A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Monday, April 30, 2007

AGY is in the news!

I have a visitor counter on my blog. When I began AGY, I kept a close eye on my stats. It was so exciting to see how many people were actually reading what I wrote. Three years later, blogging has become "old-hat". I rarely look at my counter so I didn't notice the uptick in visitors recently.

Instead, I learned about my new visitors as I was perusing my usual favorite blogs. A couple of them mentioned an article written by Jeff Ball of Gardening and Yardening. Jeff writes a column for The Detroit News. Recently he wrote about garden blogs. One of the blogs he recommended was my very own A Gardening Year.

Thanks Jeff! And welcome readers from The Detroit News. Believe it or not, I briefly lived just outside of Detroit when I was a child. Sorry, I was too young to have many memories of the area. No one will be surprised to learn that one of the few things I do remember is my father showing me a snake in the garden.

5 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger Marc said...

congratulations! Although I'm not surprised that he mentioned your blog. I have been enjoying it for quite a while. It's informative yet not wordy, and full of many wonderful pictures! Keep up the good work!

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Thanks, Marc! I've never aspired to great writing. I just try to write as though I was having a friendly conversation with another gardener. I'm so glad you enjoy it.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Ki said...

Hi Oldroses, that's great! I'm glad your blog and gardening blogs are getting some recognition. I remember searching and searching for garden blogs a few years back and coming up with very few. Thanks to your GardenVoices and other blogs' links it's easy to find garden blogs now.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The recognition is much-deserved, Old Roses. :) Congratulations!

(And that 'Ballerina' rose really is a little tough one. I can't wait to see her bloom for you.)

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Thanks Ki and Kim. I remember too when garden blogs were next to impossible to find. I'm so glad that there are so many more now and that it's easier to find them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home