A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Pink? Yes & No

Two more "pink" daffodils have bloomed.


By not stretch of the imagination could this one be called "pink".


Maybe this one could.

Both of these photos were taken stretched out on my back. In my front yard. Do you think I should start bringing out my (unused) tripod so people will think I'm a photographer and not just crazy? Or maybe start wearing one of those vests that photo-journalists always seem to wear?

5 Comments:

At 1:06 AM, Blogger LostRoses said...

Oh yes, my "pink" daffodils look rather like that too. But I have to say that some years I can almost see the blush!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger RivahGal said...

I'll take a photo of my pink daffodils in the morning or later this evening, the sun is too bright at present. I'll post ehm on my blog, http://GardenNerds.blogspot.com

I'd also like to have my garden blog, which I just started on Earth Day, added to the Voices section of GarenWeb if you think it's a good fit. I live in coastal Virginia, a stone's throw from the Chesapeake Bay.

Julie

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

LostRoses, this has been such a fun experience! I planted some more odd bulbs and am waiting and hoping for them to bloom to see what they actually look like. Catalog pictures can be soooooo deceiving.

RivahGal, your blog is a perfect fit! I'll add it to the feed and email you when it appears on Garden Voices.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger RivahGal said...

I just posted some pix on my blog of daffs that are supposed to be pink. Everyone who sees them says "pink" right off, but agrees upon a closer look that they are probably closer to a salmon or even orangey. Whatever the case, they're a nice lookin' daff!

http://gardennerds.blogspot.com/

I'd be honored to have my blog appear on Garden Voices!

Julie in Virginia

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger DWPittelli said...

They'll be pink if you photograph them in the light of a sunset (you may need a tripod for longer exposure) -- if that counts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home