A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Green Thumb Sunday


Join






I'm not normally a fan of azaleas. Their flower colors are so bright that they actually make my eyes hurt. They don't look natural to me. After they are finished blooming, they morph into green meatballs. I prefer to allow my plants to grow in their natural shapes.

But for some reason, I like the color of this azalea. It's a good thing, too. It's my neighbor's bush and it's planted on the property line which runs along my driveway. I see this shrub every time I look out my kitchen door or pull into my driveway.



Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

3 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

green meatballs? That's a riot..I'll never be able to look at my azaleas the same way again.
rosemary harris
my garden pix on www.rosemaryharris.com

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Rosemary, your garden is beautiful. I'm sure that you don't prune your azaleas into perfect spheres.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Sweet Home and Garden Carolina said...

Hey that's an Olga Mezzit you're looking at ! Azaleas and Rhodos are treasured in Japanese gardens, and down South in Mobile they have an "Azaleas Trail " festival every year. I admit that they do overwhelm the senses, but in a good way. Hummingbirds love my Olga and so do I.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home