A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day Blooms

Blooming in my gardens this Mother’s Day are . . .


Poker Primrose gradually opening.


Wood Hyacinths. Look at the size of those hellebores!


White Bleeding Heart that I planted last spring. It must really like this spot. It has bloomed each year.


The red Bleeding Heart is just beginning to bloom.


The lilac has peaked.


Now it is time for the lily of the valley underneath it.


I’m going to have to dig out the original seed packet for the wild columbine. The purple ones are lovely but I don’t think they are “wild”.



3 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Lovely blooms, each and everyone of them. Your garden is looking more and more happy with itself. I'm looking forward to seeing your roses in flower!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Yolanda Elizabet, I can't wait for my roses to bloom! It's the highlight of the season for me.

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Glickster said...

Lovely garden!!!
Cheers
Barry
www.sunfarm.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home