A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Newsletter is Here!

The latest issue of the Middlesex County Master Gardener newsletter is available online. Hard copies are in the mail. I broke tradition with this issue. Much like Alfred Hitchcock who made cameo appearances in the films that he directed, I have taken the liberty in each issue of the newsletter to insert a photo somewhere in which I appear in the background. It's been my own little joke. You don't have to hunt for me in this issue. I am right on the front page.

The lead article we chose was about the New Jersey Flower & Garden Show. When I reviewed the photos taken by our reporter, I realized that the only ones that featured Middlesex County Master Gardeners were of me and other MG's. None of them were very flattering because, if you recall, that was the day I went without sleep for 36 hours. The photo we ran was taken after I'm guesstimating somewhere between 26 and 30 hours of sleeplessness. And it shows!

I should also note that there were formatting changes made to the newsletter after I submitted my final version that I am not happy about but if that is what it takes to get it published and into the hands of the Master Gardeners, I can live with it. We are already hard at work on the next issue.

2 Comments:

At 7:33 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

It was nice seeing your picture on the cover. That's an interesting newsletter. Thanks for sharing.
What fun to know the author of that book in the post below. I'll make a note of it.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Thanks, Kerri. I'll tell her word is spreading about her book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home