A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Friday, September 02, 2005

The Wooden Spoon

The long, very hot summer is rapidly drawing to a close. I no longer have to dine on salads, sandwiches or food that can be microwaved. It is finally cool enough to turn the stove on. I literally haven't cooked since June. And I love to cook. I especially love trying new recipes. Most of them are pretty bad, but occasionally I find a real gem. Being a blogger, I feel obliged to share my culinary adventures. Therefore I have created a new blog, The Wooden Spoon . The title stems from my motto that you can never have too many wooden spoons.

I am inviting everyone to drop by, whether you are looking for a new recipe or just enjoy cooking disasters. I usually try one or two new recipes a week so I won't be posting every day. I will comment on each recipe, what worked, what didn't work, etc. I will even post pictures no matter how ugly the result. And, of course, I will post each recipe as it was given so you can try it for yourself. If you dare.

The kitchen is now open . . .

2 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! another cooking blog to read this winter:)

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Thanks, Beverly. This project has actually been incubating for a while but this summer was the second hottest one on record so I couldn't get it off the ground until now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home