A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Thursday, April 06, 2006

My new garden shoes

I love my new garden shoes!

I bought them at Target for $14.99. Just yesterday, I saw the same ones at a local nursery selling for $19.99.

I can just slip these on and off. No more tying and untying sneakers as I dash in and out of the house, commuting between laundry, cooking and gardening. Today I even wore them to the recycling center. It was muddy from rain and I didn't want to get my regular shoes dirty so I threw these in the car, slipped them on when I got to the recycling center and then changed my footwear for the rest of my errands.

It doesn't take much to make me happy!

7 Comments:

At 5:36 AM, Blogger Sigruns German Garden said...

Hi, I have the same one in green.

Sigrun

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is all I wear and I love them.I do wear old tennis shoe sox with them though They are super.

 
At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are cute. I keep trying on the rubber clogs in the stores when I see them but they're all way too wide for me. Oh well, P will be doing most of the dirty work this year anyway so I guess I won't need them.

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I was going to post a comment but I think I'll grab my car keys & head to 'Tarjay' (Target!) instead...great clogs!

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger David (Snappy) said...

Love your shoes, i just wear either old trainers or slippers if its just looking around the garden

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Sigrun, they didn't have the green ones in my size or I would have gotten those instead.

Sabine, I have the opposite problem. My feet are very wide so these are perfect for me. Nice and roomy, even with socks.

Judith, I love Tar-jay! I have to severely limit my trips there. They have some great stuff, though. I bought this trellis with the suncatcher there. It's lasted for years.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Kasmira said...

I got the red ones last year! I found that the insole was just annoying (kept falling out and would stay wet once soaked), so I don't use it. My clogs are going strong for the second year!

(I graduate to flip flops when it gets hot, though. That means constantly dirty toes, but they are so comfy!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home