A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Could it be?

I've learned something new this year about bulbs. Bulbs that were planted years ago come up sooner than bulbs that were planted the prior fall. All of my established snowdrops are up and blooming. I've been bemoaning the fact that the double ones I planted last fall didn't come up. Apparently I was wrong.

Looks like a snowdrop to me. It's in the right spot. Ditto the yellow muscari also planted last fall. All the purple ones that have been growing for years are sprouting lush foliage. I am guessing that the sprouts that look like this in the spot where I planted the yellow ones ARE the yellow ones:
And last, but certainly not least, could this possibly be a long awaited hellebore flowerbud?
It's hard to see, but there is associated foliage with this which is why I am wondering if this is a flower or just more foliage.

1 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Kasmira said...

I've noticed the same thing. My fall-planted muscari are still just leaves, while my neighbor's established bulbs are blooming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home