A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Friday, April 04, 2008

The “Other” Jack is Back

In all the excitement of the horribly expensive Jack Frost brunnera making it through the winter, I completely forgot that I have another expensive “Jack”, a Jackmanni clematis that I got a good price on last September. Even at $9.99 it was an expensive acquisition for me so I was very happy to see this today:


For some reason, its roots are all bare, but that doesn’t seem to be stopping it. I’ll cover them with some soil and cross my fingers. Clematis like to have their roots in the shade. Growing in this bed is a rosebush and lots and lots of asters. I’m going to try and train the clematis up the hook that holds a hanging basket.

If the squirrels allow, of course.

1 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

It's great that your 2 'Jacks' have made it through the winter. I'm still waiting to see if my Jack Frost brunnera is going to appear. I just planted it last summer and am keeping my fingers crossed because it wasn't cheap either.
Glad to see your Jackmanni looks alive and well. I hope you have good luck with it. If it's anything like mine, it'll eventually need a large trellis (or something) to climb. Mine grows very large each summer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home