A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Monday, March 17, 2008

Jack is Back

Last fall I splurged and purchased a Jack Frost brunnera from a catalog. It was the most money that I had ever spent on a single plant. I was fortunate to receive a large healthy plant. It stayed large and healthy after being planted in its new home in a bed on the shady side of my house. I’ve had my fingers crossed that it would make it through the winter.


I was very excited this morning to see the first leaves poking up through the autumn debris. Jack is back! Now if he can only survive the squirrels . . .

4 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Carol Michel said...

Whew, happy to read that Jack is a plant and a good one, too. I though you might be referring to a rabbit. A rabbit eating in your garden.

Your squirrels are bad enough to have around!

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Jane O' said...

This will be fun, watching your brunnera emerge. Please keep us posted.

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Carol, I do have problems with rabbits. They love to dig up and eat my tulip bulbs. I'm losing more and more every day. I don't know if I will have any left when it is time for them to bloom.

Jane Marie, I'm hoping I will be able to post photos of it blooming! Do you think I will get lucky and it will bloom for me?

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't have too much trouble with my Jack Frost--did the squirrels bother yours this year?

Those leaves are amazing. Fuzzy and bright and gorgoues... I was surprised myself at how much I loved that plant. (And like you, since I paid a bunch for it, I'm glad that I did! lol.)

I bet it blooms for you this year. Even if only a few sprigs... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home