A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Green Thumb Sunday

Join



SPROUTS!!


I haven’t been checking my wintersowing containers because it is too early for anything to be germinating. According to my records, the first seeds sprouted during the last week of March. Just for fun, though, I decided to peek today to see if anything was stirring. Two of the containers had seedlings. Silver Cup lavatera destined for the pink side of my plot at Rutgers Gardens and red Mexican Hat that will grace my Butterfly/Hummingbird Garden.



Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

2 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I grew Silver Cup Lavatera from seed once, several years ago, at my first house. We had a great big garden right at the front of our yard and behind a small white picket fence. The Lavatera was such a show stopper that people walking by would often stop and point at the flowers. I had forgotten about how great they were until I saw you mention them here :)

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Silver Cup Lavatera is new for me. Thanks for the great recommendation! Now I'm really looking forward to seeing it bloom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home