A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Friday, February 22, 2008

Late Winter Storm

The groundhog was right. After another relatively mild snowless winter, we finally had a significant snowfall.

The view out my backdoor:


Hmmm . . . I’m certain I left my car in the driveway last night.


How deep was the snow? Well, how tall is a gallon container? Those holes in the snow are the tops of my wintersowing.


I loved how the snow made little caps on the dead flowerheads.



Even small flowerheads like these Echinacea.


I took some photos to contrast with warmer weather later this year.

Lavender


Sage


I wish I had taken more photos from different angles of my birdbath.


I love the “shadow” created by the bowl. This could have been very interesting.

You can see more pictures of the aftermath of the storm on Flickr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home