A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Monday, February 04, 2008

Orchids at Longwood

It’s orchid season and orchids were seemingly everywhere at Longwood Gardens. Every display, every container, every room in the conservatory sported orchids. The Orchid Room was spectacular. There were flowers of every color and shape. Rather than the usual moth and corsage orchids, I want to highlight orchids that don’t look like orchids. At least to orchid-challenged people like myself.






Please visit Flickr to see all the pictures of the Children’s Garden, orchids and conservatory.

3 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Gardening for Fun said...

Those look great. I've never tried growing orchids. Maybe this will be the year. My only qualm is how expensive they are...Do you have some at your home?

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

No, I don't grow orchids at home. They are too high-maintenance for me. I prefer plants that don't require a lot of care.

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that looks like a very beautiful place. orchids are so unique

 

Post a Comment

<< Home