A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Green Thumb Sunday

Join



There was a population explosion among my African violets this summer. Almost every pot is in violation of official occupancy restrictions.


Just one problem. If I split everyone up, then I don’t have enough room to accommodate all the new pots. Once more, the outdoor plant stand has been pressed into service.


My poor aloe, on the other hand, is in dire need of larger accommodations. It has become so top heavy that it constantly falls over, breaking or injuring its branches.


A larger and heavier pot should prevent any further flopping.

Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

4 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Carol Michel said...

OldRoses, I have fewer African violets, but mine also need bigger quarters!

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Naturegirl said...

I have a collection of African violets and each time they bloom and that is often my heart sings!! Constant blooms that's my collection of African Violets..I love the white the best!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Carol, they just keep multiplying!

NG, What's your secret? Mine don't bloom very often.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger mightymatt1313 said...

Lovely violets! Do you use blooming fertilizer and vitamins?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home