A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Another OT Post

This has nothing whatsoever to do with gardening. I'm just so excited because I have literally waited 25 years for this day:


I finally have real furniture in my living room. It's going to require new curtains, new lamps, a new rug and repainting the walls, but it's all worth it. Thanks to a generous Christmas bonus from my employer and a lousy economy courtesy of the present administration forcing retailers to slash prices to the bone, I was able to buy a couch, loveseat, two end tables and a coffee table for the price that I thought I would have to pay for a couch alone. And did I mention the free delivery?

The Fur Patrol is still trying to decide if they like the new decor.

7 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Silly Goose said...

Congratulations! The couch looks comfy, a sure cure for the winter blahs!

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger A wildlife gardener said...

How wonderful! That will cheer up those dank winter days :)

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Rosengeranium said...

Jay!

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Excellent news both for you and the Fur Patrol. I hope you'll all enjoy it to the max! That new couch of yours looks real comfy to lie on with a kitty or two on your lap, reading a nice seed catalog. ;-)

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger kate said...

You have made a good choice in furniture. That is exciting! Now you get to redo the living room. The cats will eventually pick their favourite spots.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Connie said...

A wonderful deal...and good taste, too. Sounds like a good 'waiting for springtime' project! :-)

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Bev said...

Beautiful! I love your colors. What a fun winter project while you're waiting to plant seeds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home