A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Friday, March 14, 2008

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day

I’m posting my GBBD a day early because I will be attending the Home Gardener’s School tomorrow.

Currently blooming in my yard:


Snowdrops past their prime




The few crocuses that the squirrels have left me. The rest look like this.

Rounding out the outdoor portion of our tour is the annual single hellebore blossom:


This is a vast improvement over years of no blossoms.

Stepping inside, one of my many African violets is blooming.


When this one grows up, it will be the opposite, white with purple edges:


Yes, I’m an office thief. Some employees steal office supplies. I steal cuttings.

I can never remember what this is:


It was given to me as a small cutting and has done spectacularly well. It appears to be quite potbound, but I hate to repot an obviously happy plant.

I probably should have cleaned the windowsill BEFORE taking the picture instead of after, shouldn’t I?

4 Comments:

At 4:31 AM, Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

I'm glad to see that those pesky squirrels have left you some blooms at least for GBBD! And how lovely that you hellebore finally showed some blooms!

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Carol Michel said...

Just got caught up with your bloom day posts and added to the list on my blog post from the 16th.

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Thanks, Carol. I was back on nightshift for two weeks and fell behind with my posts.

 
At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Marshmallow Recipes said...

Thanks for a great reead

 

Post a Comment

<< Home