A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

On the Comeback Trail

I’m developing a crick in my neck. It’s from constantly looking down. I peer into winter sowing containers.

I check the progress of my bulbs.


Oh, look. Another bunch of daffs are blooming.

I look for perennials coming back to life after a long winter’s sleep.



Good. Both heucheras are coming up.


How exciting! The Candelabra primrose I bought at Well Sweep Herb Farm last year is coming up again. I hope it blooms this year.

And I continue to marvel at the display that my hellebores are putting on after years of no flowers.

3 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger lisa said...

Nice to see it's spring SOMEWHERE...your helebores are lovely!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Lucky you to have daffs and hellebores! My daffs are a way off yet. Still waiting for crocuses.
My hellebore looks sad. I hope it's still alive.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Thanks, Lisa!

Kerry, I'm sure that your hellebores are still alive. They like the cold weather.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home