A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Monday, April 21, 2008

Never Assume - Part 2

As you may recall, I have been employing new weapons and tactics in my war against the local squirrels. The squirrels, in turn, have become more sophisticated. Through the use of surveillance, accurate mapping and weather prediction, they were able to completely wipe out a bed of allium. Or were they?


This little gem greeted me this morning. As I admired it, I found myself wondering. Did the Death Squad assigned to this bed miss a bulb? Or are they merely taunting me?

3 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's a fritillary! They left you a frittilary... how lovely. :)

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Julia Erickson said...

They're eating your alliums? I'm shocked. I only have a problem with them eating my tulips, which I now resort to soaking in deer repellent before planing, which seems to work.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger EAL said...

You've got to use some repellant. Your bulbs are too precious to be given up as squirrel food!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home