A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Friday, November 09, 2007

Pictures of the Frost

Working nights has its drawbacks. By the time I get home in the morning, I’m so tired that my brain is not working properly. I tend to forget details like taking pictures of the first frost. So here are the plants that I was trying to describe yesterday after they have struggled through two cold nights.

Nasturtiums

Lion's Tail

Please note that the flower in the photo is a zinnia. The Lion’s Tail never bloomed this year.

Tithonia

The tithonia looks very sad. Even sadder is the cosmos in front of it. It’s brown not because of the frost but because I allowed it to set seed for next year.

Some plants seem to be enjoying the cold temperatures.

Jack Frost Brunnera

Calendula

Hellebore

Golden Sage

Tricolor Sage

3 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Ki said...

Your Jack Frost Brunnera and tri-color sage look exceptionally nice despite the frost. I'll have to look for the tri-color sage.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

I love your Jack Frost brunnera, I haven't seen one before. Your tri-colour sage lloks good just like mine. ;-)

BTW there's a lot of Maine Coon kitties on Bliss!

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger joey said...

It amazes me how you do it all ... finding time to photograph, working late, gardening, living, and your committment to Garden Voices. Thank you.
Autumn is very strange here in Michigan, the strangest I have ever seen ... many trees STILL green! With today's cold snap, we will be lucky to wrap our arms around outside chores before Old Man Winter 'kicks us in the pants'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home