A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Green Thumb Sunday

Join




I’m finally feeling better and what better way to celebrate than to spend a few hours enjoying a warm fall day? Last week I had dug up some more turf, enlarging the Entry Garden and making room for more bulbs. I planted the lily flower tulips and then another pastel color collection of tulips. When I was ordering bulbs over the summer, I remembered my vow to plant more yellow daffodils.

For the Entry Garden, I ordered

Pineapple Prince

And because I have fallen on love with double daffs

Golden Beauty

Then I raked leaves and trimmed away dead foliage in various beds.

I’m going to be spending the next few days washing windows. The temperatures are predicted to be much colder this coming week. It’s time for me to lower the storm windows. I’ll give all the windows a good cleaning while I’m at it.

Maybe we’ll finally get a frost and I can clean out the Butterfly/Hummingbird bed and plant the rest of my bulbs.

Total for today:

6 pink lily flowered tulips
6 white lily flowered tulips
20 Candy Coloured mixed tulips
5 Pineapple Prince daffodils
5 Golden Beauty daffodils



Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

3 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Carol Michel said...

No time for windows, I still need to plant all my bulbs! The windows will just have to wait, maybe until spring...

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Carol, I now have plants that I have to bring inside. Clean windows equals more sunlight for them and a better chance that they will make it until spring when I can drag them back outside.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Connie said...

Oh, that Pineapple Prince is so sweet! I have admired it in the catalogs for a couple of years now. Will have to come up with a place to plant it next year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home