A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Monday, October 15, 2007

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day

Welcome to October in my garden. There is lots of color.

The weather has been exceptionally mild this fall, so I still have impatiens brightening my containers.



Hush, don’t tell anyone, but I have mums like everyone else.



The annuals are putting on quite a show.







Cleome and annual Rudbeckia


And guess who FINALLY decided to grace us with an appearance?


The much lamented Hyacinth Beans!


The monarchs are long gone, but the butterfly bush still has a few blooms.


The hydrangeas have assumed their fall colors.


And inside my house . . .


African Violets grace my windowsill.

1 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Sweet Home and Garden Carolina said...

Of course you have Mums like the rest of us !

Thanks for sharing your beautiful October blooms with us. Very colorful, indeed.

I'm going to try African violets this year for the first time. They're so sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home