A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Green Thumb Sunday

Join




Sorry, I have no idea what this is. It was growing on the fence around the veggie plots at Rutgers Gardens. I was at the Gardens yesterday to do some sorely needed work on the Herb Bed. I haven't been out to the Gardens in weeks due to illness and a crazy work schedule. A few hours made a lot of difference in the way the Herb Bed looks. The Head Hatter took an inventory of what's there while I worked so that we can make plans for next year. I also brought some cuttings from the Tricolor sage and Golden sage in my Accidental Herb Garden at home to replace the sages that the Rugers Gardens ground hogs ate over the summer. The cuttings are in snug in the greenhouse now. By next spring they should be big healthy plants and ready for their debut in the Herb Bed.


Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

7 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

What a pretty plant! Sometimes the mystery plants are the nicest. :)
Happy GTS~
Sarah

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger A said...

I think that plant is a Clematis species - common name traveler's joy? The Head Hatter would probably know.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Sylvana said...

I was going to guess clematis too.

I had a groundhog living in my garden shed for a few years. He was very well behaved and preferred dandelions and creeping charlie to any of my plants. But then, he would go to my veggie garden and roll in my greens bed!

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger this said...

I've never seen anything like it before. Thankyou for sharing.

Hope you are feeling better and happy GTS to you!

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Thanks, A! The Head Hatter said she didn't know what it was.

Sylvana, can we borrow your ground hog to teach some manners to the ground hogs at Rutgers Gardens?

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The flowers look all feathery. an unusual plant. sara from farmingfriends

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's totally cool -- it kind of reminds me of something out of a Dr. Suess book!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home