A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Green Thumb Sunday

Join

Rutgers Gardens has planted a new rosebed. It's a trial garden of David Austin roses. They are finally blooming so, of course, I had to take some pictures. Here are a few that caught my eye. Unfortunately, there are no labels (yet, I hope) so I cannot tell you which roses these are.










I hope no one from Rutgers Gardens reads this. They all know that I don't have a fancy camera with fancy lenses so there is only one way I could have gotten this close to the flowers.

I hope I didn't leave any obvious footprints!


Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

6 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Ottawa Gardener said...

Your secret is safe with me. I am not sure if I like the over the top frill of these type of roses or if I am just being too traditionalist.

Great pictures though.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Gina said...

These are beautiful! I was just looking at the David Austin website the other day. Since you are the rose expert, are the roses in pictures 3-7 the "english roses?" I love those big really full looking blooms and I want one!

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Naturegirl said...

I just love the ~frills~ now to choose my favorite..humm...I can imagine the sweet scent!hugs NG

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Rosengeranium said...

I want them all! And a garden to have them in, with a fishpond and, and... At least I can buy one little rose to put on my balcony. A pink one, with frills.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Bev said...

Mmmm...sniff...sniff... I can smell them from here!

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

They're beautiful..and I won't tell on you :)
I'm a bit of the same mind as Ottawa Gardener...I like the shape of the traditional roses better, but the David Austins are gorgeous in their own right.
I love the red salvia in your hummer garden and enjoyed seeing the good, the bad and the ugly :)
We're enjoying a rain shower this evening...rain on the roof is a lovely sound.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home