A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Friday, July 13, 2007

Update on My Other Garden


My plot at Rutgers Gardens is just astounding this year.


From bottom to top:

Nasturtium (Tropaeolum majus ‘Whirly Bird Cherry Rose’)
Nicotiana alata ‘Lime Green’
Verbena bonariensis
Calendula officinalis
Cleome haslerana ‘White Queen’

There are also Cosmos bipinnatus ‘Seashells’ that are not blooming yet. The groundhogs chewed them up at first but they seem to be recovering. All but invisible is Love-in-a Mist (Nigella damascene ‘Persian Jewels’). And buried in the calendulas . . .


Bachelor’s Buttons (Centaurea cyanus). Just starting to bloom are the miniature sunflowers (Helianthus annus).


Now I just have to keep it weeded and deadheaded so that it will look its best for the Open House on July 28. Drop by if you are in the area and say hello. I will be at the Membership table by the Potting Shed Gift Shop. You can also meet me at the entrance to the Display Gardens where I will be leading the 1:15 PM tour.

See you there!

2 Comments:

At 6:05 AM, Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

I wish I could drop by. Such lovely flowers to enjoy!

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger ~~ Melissa said...

I wish I could drop by too.... I love the purples with the yellows--so pretty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home