A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Green Thumb Sunday

Join



Beauty in nature comes in many forms. The most obvious is the flower with its myriad of forms and colors. Foliage can be just as attractive. Texture, shape, size and even the absence of foliage in the winter can all contribute to a garden's appeal.

Sometimes beauty can be as simple as morning sunlight shining through a seedpod. New life and a new day.



Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

9 Comments:

At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true...there are so many variations of beauty in the garden. Thanks for sharing this picture with us!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

What kind of plant is that, the one whose seedpods you show?

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Genie, you're welcome1

Karen, that's a lunaria or Honesty or Money Plant or Silver Dollar Plant. It's usually frown for it's seedpods which are dried in the fall and used in flower arrangements.

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger kate said...

That is a gorgeous photograph. I love the way the light hits the plant.

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Sally said...

That is a cool plant. Someone suggested I grow it, but I never realised what it looked like. Maybe I will try and grow it next spring.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Excellent pic of a wonderful plant. I grow mostly the white honesty that looks lovely in the spring garden.

Beauty can be found in the most unexpected places. :-)

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Kate, this is the second photo I've taken that is backlit. I like the effect and will be looking for more now.

Sally, I have to warn you to be careful. This plant is an agressive re-seeder.

Yolada Elizabet, For some reason I have white Honesty in my Purple Garden! I do grow the purple version also.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Ki said...

Nice photo of the money plant seed pods. It will look even better when it dries as transparent discs.

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your money plant looks beautiful with the sun behind it. I love back lit photos. Thank you for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home