A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Green Thumb Sunday


Join




I have no idea what it is but I love it! Another picture from my first trip to Longwood Gardens last year. This is in the cacti/succulent room of the conservatory. The size of the plants in the conservatory just amazed me. I'm so accustomed to seeing much smaller versions in homes.


Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

4 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

That's really beautiful! I'd love to visit Longwood Gardens.
Have you seen the Botanical Gardens in Hamilton, Ontario? They're well worth the trip.
The last time we visited the greenhouse on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls they had added tropical birds. What a delight!

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like some kind of hanging ivy to me, even thought it's in a cactus room. Good photo!

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Old Roses, google "dichondra silver falls"--I think that's what is hanging down from the basket! Gorgeous stuff--I used some in various pots last year and loved it. I'm trying to overwinter some, but it's not working all that well. :(

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Kerri, thanks for the tip. I will put on my list of must-see gardens.

Tricia, I think it is some kind of succulent.

Kim, you could be right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home