A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Green Thumb Sunday

Join



This is Maggie, the Greenhouse Cat at Floriculture Greenhouse on the Cook College campus. She is Beatrice's replacement and still new at her job. She is being introduced to the greenhouses, one room at a time. They made a good choice. She is friendly and not afraid of all the strange people coming and going in the greenhouse. I have to get back into the habit of slipping a few treats into my pocket whenever I am working at Floriculture.



Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

6 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger ACey said...

that cat looks right at home!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

She still a little hesitant, but I think she will do fine as she gets more comfortable with her environment.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Gotta Garden said...

She certainly cooperated for her picture! I'm pleased to learn they're "employing" a cat (or cats)...I couldn't garden without my two.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Isn't she cute, posing like that? I just wish it had been against a better background.

 
At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute cute! I always keep my two kitties in mind when I garden. I try to plant flowers that attract butterflies, they like to watch those. And a good pot of grass for a treat!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Such a sweet kitty. I love her name. Is she a good mouser?
I see she has some soft orange in her coloring. We find calicos usually make very good mousers.
Poor Beatrice. Did she ever get better?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home