A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day

Carol over at May Dreams Gardens has had another brainstorm. On the fifteenth of every month, garden bloggers can post a list of what's blooming on that day. I wanted to participate, but didn't think I had anything in bloom today. Luckily, I checked before chucking the idea of posting.


My local Drug Fair had a 99 cent sale on cacti and succulents recently. I bought ten and am now in search of an appropriate container for them. While they are awaiting their new home, one of the cacti is blooming!


The African violet that I won at the Master Gardener Reunion is still blooming.


Here's a great way to brighten up a room that is badly in need of repainting: buy primroses! I'll be painting this room this weekend (I hope!). The primroses will be going to their new home in my semi-shady bed when the ground thaws.

Sorry for the poor quality of the photos. Due to the winter storm, the nightshift wasn't able to make it in to the office last night so I had to work a double shift. I was a little sleep deprived when I took these pictures.





3 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger Carol Michel said...

Thanks for participating! Those primroses look wonderful lined up like that. I always like to have something blooming inside during the winter, to cheer me up.

We may not have many flowers to write about the 15th of this month, but just wait until spring!

(When you are less sleep deprived, don't forget to leave a comment on my blog so people are sure to find you!)

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger LadyLuz said...

I'm exhausted at the thought of your punishing schedule!

Great idea of posting what's in bloom on the 15th of every month. It will be very interesting to see what's around the world. Hope this comes off. More work for you though!

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I only started blogging a month ago and am still learning my way around the blogging world. If I can figure out how to post, I'd love to participate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home