A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Weirdness Chronicles 2006 Chapter Nine

We have been having incredibly warm weather all week. Every day the thermometer in my car has been reading 70F (21C) or above. I still have lots of green and a few flowers in my gardens. I noticed today that my Alpine strawberries are looking excellent. They even have a few flowers. Upon closer inspection, I discovered that they also have berries!

3 Comments:

At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if those berries will have enough warm weather to ripen - perhaps you could bring them inside? I have this funny feeling that all this strange warm weather may lead up to some big snow falls (ok, perhaps I'm just being hopeful with that last bit...)

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Naturegirl said...

I too am enjoying the warm November we experience in this part of Canada!My strawberries in pots however are NOT as green as yours! I do still have gorgeous
pink Queen Elizabeth roses ~*blooming!!*~

 
At 4:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well well what wierd weather! We are having it here in New Zealand too. One week it is cold enough for us to be lighting our open fires and the next it is so humid we are sleeping under a sheet!!! The garden is confused too with tomatoes soon to ripen along with spring bulbs flowering!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home