A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Monday, November 28, 2005

Finished!

What happened to winter? Every day it seems to get warmer. The temps have been over 60F (16C) since yesterday and predicted to stay there through Wednesday. I took advantage of this warm spell to get the last bulbs planted. The Orange/Yellow garden now has Leopard lilies, Orange Glory Flowers (to attract butterflies), Iris bucharica (a species iris from Afghanistan), Butter & Sugar Siberian iris, Golden Fragrance muscari (yellow grape hyacinths!) and a Prince of Orange poppy.

I still have unused leaves so I'm reduced to raking and bagging. The irony is that I only have one medium-sized tree in my yard. The leaves from my neighbor's trees (see pictures in my previous post) all fall/blow into my yard. The first fall I lived in this house, I took 18 bags of leaves to the recycling center before my tree dropped its leaves! Since then I've stopped counting. Some years, I don't even bother raking. I've discovered that if I just leave them, they eventually blow away before the snow falls in January.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home