A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Monday, November 07, 2005

Is it November?

I have to keep looking at the calendar to remind myself what date it is. The weather is no indication. It has been 70F (21C) for days now. My crazy cosmos is still growing and now it's blooming:



There were tornadoes in Indiana yesterday. Completely out of season. I think that same weather system blew through here last night. The wind howled and the thunder and lightening was tremendous. One particular thunderclap seemed to go on forever, shaking the house for several minutes. Thank goodness neither the cat nor I am afraid of thunderstorms.

I had hoped to get out and get some foliage pictures this week while I am off from work but I fear that the wind has blown down most of the leaves. Maybe I'll finally get those bulbs in the ground instead!

3 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger crazygramma said...

Totally crazy weather I have 2 rose bushes still in full bloom and other flowers. I hope this is not an indication that winter is going to be really harsh when it does appear.

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do think the cosmos belongs in the Guinness book of World Records...amazing. We had the same weather blow through the other night. Thunder & lightening. And today, Tuesday, is another "warm" day. Some plants are still blooming away & others sending out lone flowers.

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Astrid said...

Wow, that hot, huh? No, here, we are nearly putting our snowboots on! Good thing I am flying to the oh-so beautiful Pennsylvania next week. New Jersey as the Garden State is definitely not bad at all either!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home