A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Friday, July 27, 2007

The Bounty of Summer

When I was at Colonial Park last weekend, I noticed that their blackberry lilies were literally covered with blooms. Mine have been more miserly. Only one flower per day has opened. Until today, that is.


Apparently they were just warming up. My patience has been rewarded with the same multitude of flowers. Those are rudbeckia around the edges. They are everywhere!

I took a closer look around my yard and discovered that summer is hitting her stride. Not unlike my counterparts who grow veggies, my gardens are producing their own bounty.



My squirrel-ravaged conainers have filled in enough to hide the furry fiends' predations.


The wintersown Kiss-Me-Over-The-Garden-Gate greet me when I pull into my driveway.

My butterfly bush is covered with both blossoms and butterflies. If you enlarge the picture, you will see three butterflies. There were up to nine butterflies feasting on nectar at any given time today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home