A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Monday, August 20, 2007

Morning Glorious

As you may recall, I spent a few hours this spring attempting to create better structures for my morning glories to climb. However, I neglected to consult with the morning glories first. Apparently, they are less than thrilled with my efforts:


Had I, in fact, included them in my pre-planning process, they would have told me to save myself the time and string because they had a much better idea:


They are climbing my butterfly bush. I absolutely love this! The butterfly bush has finished its first flowering and the second is not as full as the first. The morning glories are adding wonderful color.

6 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Colleen Vanderlinden said...

Ooh, this is pretty! I have kind of the same thing going on. I had planned my morning glories to grow over my chainlink fence by the veggie garden, but it chose to climb up the climbing roses nearby instead. So I have yellow roses and 'Grandpa Ott' growing together. It's pretty, even if it wasn't what I planned. Although...I've never had morning glories do what I want them to do. They're the rebellious teenagers of the gardening world ;-)

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Digital Flower Pictures said...

That is a nice combination. What is it they say about the best laid plans?

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Sweet Home and Garden Carolina said...

A happy accident, like a clematis vine of mine twirling itself around my rose shrub.

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Dorothy Guyton said...

Happy to see that even the best of us gets taken down by nature sometimes. I was drawn to your site by its name and I continued looking and reading the comments. Best gardening tip for 2007, read "Diary of a Wannabe Gardener" for fun and inspiration. Preview it at www.bbotw.com Its by the author Dorothy Guyton Keep up the good work on your site.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Connie said...

Gotta love those morning glories.... Had a volunteer in my tomato bed that climbed to the top of the 6 ft tall support and is now jumping onto 2 other nearby plants! It is taking over, but is too pretty to take out!

 
At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Riley Arnold said...

Good jjob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home