A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Green Thumb Sunday

Join




I was admiring the front beds in the Display Gardens at Rutgers Gardens when I noticed that one of the banana trees had bananas. I whisked out my camera and took a picture. I didn’t realize until I got home and uploaded the picture to my computer that it looked almost exactly like:

Audrey II (“Little Shop of Horrors”)




Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

4 Comments:

At 3:36 AM, Blogger Rosengeranium said...

Oh dear! You half expecting a
"Feed me Seymore!"
Perhaps Rutger Gardens should check if they loose employees to an abnormal rate.

 
At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an unusual and interesting looking plant.
Sara from farmingfriends

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Annie in Austin said...

My banana makes leafy growth but we get too much winter weather here for fruit. OldRoses, seeing your 'Audrey' photo makes me not mind that so much! That plant would totally dominate a small garden, wouldn't it?

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger OldRoses said...

Rosengeranium, aha! Maybe that's why there are different student interns every year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home