A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Friday, August 24, 2007

Happy Hosta

Last year I created a new little garden next to my porch with two hostas I had purchased at the grocery store and some coleus cuttings. The hostas were quite small when I bought them:


But they seem to like their new home. At least one of them does.


I never got around to planting the same container with coleus, but this corner hasn’t looked bare thanks to the increased size of the Happy Hosta.

I know, I should have weeded BEFORE I took the picture, rather than after I took the picture.

4 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Sweet Home and Garden Carolina said...

Love your blue hydrangeas. It's hard to get them blue in Chicago because our soil is so alkaline.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Bev said...

Wow... I'd "kill" for hydrangeas that looked like that!

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger LostRoses said...

Weeds or no weeds, your hosta looks happy. Especially with the hydrangea spurring it on!

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hostas have grown quite nicely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home