A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Bragging on My Roses

Can you tell why this is my favorite time of year?

The hose cart lives in that spot because Mme. Plantier completely covers the faucet. I have an "extension" hose running from the faucet to the cart.

Let's take a closer look . . .

Baronne Prevost. Can you say "yummy"?

Mme Plantier has been beaten down repeatedly by all the rain we have had. Normally she reaches all the way up to my kitchen window.


Still covered with blossoms despite the rough handling.
It's really too bad you can't also enjoy the incredible fragrance from both rosebushes.


The Blaze (red) rosebush has very little fragrance. . .
. . . but it's still incredibly beautiful.


Bad lighting, but I love this picture of the two bushes along the back fence.

Morning light is much more flattering.



Looks like velvet.

More pictures soon. Both The Fairy and La Reine Victoria are budded.





5 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger crazygramma said...

Those are great roses and I agree this has got to be the best season when everything comes back to life.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Philosophical Karen said...

I guess this is why your online name is "OldRoses".

Your roses are very beautiful, and some of the largest bushes I have ever seen.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger kate said...

beautiful!!

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your roses are so beautiful!

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Boxwood Cottage said...

Oh yes I can, because I do too for the same reason! You grow beautiful roses!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home