A Gardening Year

The adventures and misadventures of an heirloom gardener

Monday, June 20, 2005

What's Blooming Now

The mystery rose in the shady garden is blooming. I was concerned about it because the neighbors along my back fence hacked away everything that was growing on their side of the fence last year. I know that tough old heirloom roses can take that kind of mistreatment, but I wasn't so sure about finicky hybrid tea roses. To my relief, it seems to be doing fine.

The daylilies are also beginning to bloom. I will post a picture when the clump is in full bloom. I'm not much of a photographer, but I managed to get a nice picture of the first blossom. When I was a child, I always knew which houses belonged to "old ladies". They had bunches of old-fashioned daylilies planted along the walks. They've been a favorite of mine every since.

The zebrina in the Medieval Garden is doing something I've never seen before. Two different color flowers on the same stem. The first one was pink, now the subsequent ones are purple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home